HISTORY OF COALDALE BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL WOMEN'S (BPW) CLUB
(Source: Bicentennial of the American Revolution, Coaldale, PA, 1976)
Originally the meetings were held in the American Legion home, at a later date dinner meetings were conducted in the Congregational Church Hall, on Ruddle Street. Presently the dinner meetings are held at the Viennese Villa.
Mrs. Helen Pascoe, a former Coaldale school teacher, was the first President.
The Coaldale BPW was responsible for the erection of the street signs in Coaldale several years ago. Girl Scout programs were also financially sponsored.
Recently when the Visiting Nurse program was organized in the Panther Valley, the BPW Club aided financially, as well as sending representatives to the organization meetings. There is also a representative of the Coaldale club on the Board of the Nursing Association.
The following served as Presidents:
-1948 Helen Pascoe - 1950 Kate Evans - 1952 Anna Breslin - 1954 Thelma Martinec - 1956 Helen Soberick - 1958 Pauline Futchko
-1960 Nellie Ambrose - 1962 Elizabeth Heins - 1964 Hilda Richards - 1966 Lorraine Dougherty - 1968 Evelyn Pascoe
-1970 Lois Butts - 1972 Jane Bubernak - 1974 Roseann Hedesh